I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Sunday 30 September 2012

With Love...

Hello again...

Well, after having put us all through the wringer with the previous post, I wanted to lighten the mood a little, so this postcard comes WITH LOVE to my crafty friends and followers, old and new.  Your generous support and positivity here in Craftyblogland adds a whole extra dimension of joy to this new and obsessive hobby of mine.  


Regular followers will spot old favourites here... a return to the comfortable, familiar and happy after the tricky traumas of the journal pages.  And, what do you know, principal colour combination? 




Well, that would be browns and blues, Chipped Sapphire, Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduroy, some Coffee Archival - with a little Dusty Concord thrown in for good measure!


I had great fun with the letters, from the Tim Holtz Alpha Parts set.  

They come in black plastic, so I gave them a coat of acrylic, then dripped Mushroom and Denim alcohol inks onto them - so cool how it spreads along the stems and curves!  









Then, finally, a spritz of Perfect Pearls Mist in Pearl, heat dried on.  

I love the enamelled gleam it gives to the letters... if you catch them in one light you can see the metallic mica powders, if you turn them a little, you get a gorgeous glossiness.







The edges of the 6x4 postcard are distressed with the Tim Holtz Paper Distresser, and most of the stamps are his too... barring my much-loved (and oft-used) Stampology Silhouette Blossom around the edges.  







The adorable bird on the branch has his own little coat of Rock Candy Stickles, for added sparkle - as it was a mood-lifter I was after.  (I once worked with a director whose main note when things weren't going well was, "Come on everybody, now Sparkle!" - not the most helpful of instructions.)  

It's quite roughly applied with the tip of my finger - though not quite as roughly as this photo seems to imply... I promise there's some on the top of his head too!






So, once more, my grateful thanks for your company on this journey, for your wonderful uplifting comments and feedback, and looking forward to many more exchanges of visits and inspiration in Craftyblogland - this comes with love, and good wishes for a happy Sunday, wherever you are in the real world.  






I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
G.K.Chesterton

Gratitude is the music of the heart, when its chords are swept by the breeze of kindness.
Anonymous

I'm entering this in the following:
Artful Times are having a Postcard challenge, with a twist of letters or script
Simon Says Stamp and Show's theme is For the Love of Sparkle
Simon Says Stamp are having an Anything Goes

46 comments:

sam21ski said...

Wow what a great postcard Buttons. I love what you've done to those plastic letters, they look fab, all mottled and marble, lush!!

Thanks for playing along with us again this week over at Artful Times.

Sam xxx

sam21ski said...

Sorry Alison, I've put Buttons and I didn't mean to, I've just been over to her blog and commented - sorry!!!

Sam xxx

Words and Pictures said...

More than happy to be confused with Buttons! - she's amazing!! And those first four shared letters do lead to trouble at this time of night
Alison x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful postcard Alison, the lettering is stunning and I love the bird and touch of sparkle . Thanks so much for entering this beauty into the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. I agree with you too this hobby is very addictive lol. Tracy x

Chrissy said...

Hi! Alison, this is a gorgeous postcard, love the lettering and the glittery bird..beautiful.I love and admire vintage and rustic projects, just do not do them myself, just cannot get to 'the' spot..

luv CHRISSYxx

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful textured postcard and also love the enamelled results. x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Wow! This is stunning, I am a bit lost for words, love everything about it
Lindsay xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Your such a delight! Love this postcard and if I were to receive it by mail, I'd pin it to my bulletin board to enjoy every day! Gorgeous!!!

Pia said...

wauuuw supert card, love all details super cool
hugs Pia

Alison said...

Ooh! I love those letters Alison! The colours are lovely too, as are the little sprigs around the edge of this wonderful postcard!
Alison x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous. Love the detailed collage effect.
Happy Sunday.
Hugs Brenda xox

Caroline said...

Wonderful postcard... I love how the bird and branch are carrying the word love. Great accents with the foliage stamp on the edge.

brenda said...

I absolutely love it Alison, totally my sort of thing and the added texture of the lettering finishes it beautifully.

B x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Beautiful colours and details - love it!
LLJ xx

Redanne said...

This is beautiful Alison, love what you did with those letters, a great improvement on the stark blackness of them. And yes it is much more uplifting that your last post, although that was amazing! Crafty hugs, Anne x

Andrea Small said...

Why thank you! I like the look of the letters, although yet again I was tempted to turn my laptop around to catch the different angles. The whole thing is delightful. xx

Julia said...

What a beautiful card this is. The colours work so well and your description of the project is so very very good. Happy Sunday to you. Julia x

Anna-Karin said...

Gorgeous postcard Alison! Fabulous layered stamping and the letters look so cool. Thank you so much for sharing another project with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

chrissie said...

A really beautiful postcard-lovely anitique feel to it.


Best Wishes Chrissie xx

Jenny Marples said...

Ok, so now I'm embarrased and honoured! Being confused with you is quite something! Bless Sam:)
Anyway, your postcard, well what can I say? A stamping triumph!
Spending, well hours looking at other peoples' posts/work I've noticed that the ones which work are a) the ones which make you want to try out the technique(s) and b) the ones which stir thoughts/memories.
This one sends me to our garden around November, when the leaves have fallen and snow is due. Just a spot of early morning frost and it is magical! Thank you for sharing this gem. Huge crafty hugs, Buttons (not Butterfly!)

Astrid Maclean said...

TOTALLY gorgeous creations and one of my all time favourite colour combos. I think what you have done with those letters is pure genius, it looks stunning!! Adding that rock candy to the bird really makes it pop too. Thanks for the inspiration and enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

It's always a pleasure to follow your creative journey Alison!
A nice vintage look on this postcard! And the love is always welcome...

Have a nice Sunday, Alie :-)

Von said...

Love your vintage postcard Alison and the leters are a real joy :)
Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
Von ♥

Janet said...

Fabulous postcard love the vintage
look
Janet x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Oh my! I love your post card! Beautiful stamping and a great touch with the sparkle ;))) xxx

Michelle Webb said...

This is so beautiful, I have a guilty pleasure too of stickles, they do give it a nice sparkle. I love that flower stamp too, that you've used around the outside. It looks so well on here. I love the vintagy feel Michelle x

froebelsternchen said...

oh wow! such an fabulous little piece .. Inspiring !!!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wow! This is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous piece of Art Alison and I love the sentiment behind it too. The letters looked fabulous and your sparkle is great ! Sue C x

Candy C said...

Alison...I love your "With Love" postcard, too. Both of your posts are inspiring. This postcard is so sweet with Tim's bird on a branch and the "with love" letters. I also love Tim's postale stamp. You've done a really nice job with our combinations of colors of inks and stamps on this. Really pretty! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Janny Jager said...

A very nice ,beautiful vintage postcard Alison
Love the stamps you used

Greetings Janny

Sandra's Spot said...

A Stunning vintage postcard I just love it. Hugs Sandra X

Mrs.B said...

Alison this is wonderful, and such a contrast to the previous post. Beautiful array of stamping and the effect you have achieved on the letters looks fabulous.
Hope you're having a good weekend.
Avril xx

Carol Q said...

wouldn't it be wonderful to receive that postcard through the mail box Alison? Just gorgeous stamping.

Claudia N. said...

The letters turned out just adorable, Alison!

And my favourite detail is the stamped border with the fine detailed branches. It is the seemingly small details, that make so much more than just "crafting" out of a project.

Thank YOU for this eye-candy!

Hugs,
Claudia xxx

catherine said...

Love everything about this Alison. Great techniques and a wonderful result achieved
x catherine

Marjie Kemper said...

That's the most beautiful post card I have ever seen.

Lisa Minckler said...

I'd frame this and hang it in my little bitty nook of a space! How sensational and the emotions it pulls from looking at it are priceless. Such a glorious creation and so much love you've put into this. Gorgeous work again Alison. :D
hugs,
Lisa xx

Sue said...

What a beautiful postcard, this is one of my favourite colour combinations, and your sparkly bird is perfect x

Bärbel said...

Eine großartige Postkarte mit vielen schönen TH-Stempeln, mein Kompliment!

Julia S-W said...

Not sure how I missed this - must have been asleep! It's beautiful and love the sentiment behind it!
Juliaxx

Neet said...

A stunning postcard Alison and thank you for walking us through the process in your usual inimitable way.

Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

toni said...

A gorgeous postcard x

lena-dailyscrap said...

Looking great! Beautiful combination.

Sandi McLean said...

What a stunning card!

Shelby said...

Beautiful post card and love how you've done with love!

Shelby